Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Beginnings...

Happy Thursday everyone!

I have created this blog to actually USE and update frequently.  I've decided we must be boring though because I'm not ever sure anything I "blog" is interesting enough for people to read.  Oh well, if you love us, you love how plain we are! :)

We are settled into Aggieland.  It is quite a nice place to be.  Its like the old Denton.  No traffic, no construction, nothing is ever busy.  Target is a not "super", which saves me LOTS of money!  Toni, my cousin who went to TAMU, was shocked to learn that the Wal-Mart WAS super!  There is an HEB!  I LOVE HEB!!!!  Herbert E. Butt is THE man!  He knows how to make one AWESOME grocery store!

Derek loves his job.  He is managing coorporate accounts.  Yesterday I was talking to Megan on the phone and he titled himself "Agent of Transformation," or something like that, for her.  Basically, right now he is learning EVERYTHING Flippen Group.  How they do their hiring process, how they talk to clients, how they get leads on potential clients, how to sell to clients, how to do anything and everything that the Flippen Group does in the corporate world.  The atmosphere is different than any other place he could imagine working.  His office is in an old Amish barn that Flip and Susan Flippen had moved from Pennsylvania down to the property.  It is amazing.  The climate is a complete 180 from the NFL.  We loved our experience with the Chiefs, but this was a needed change for all of us.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE working from home.  I am able to work all day and play with Logan all day.  Of course, as I say that, I'm having to yank the mouse out of his hand.  Logan and I get up about 7:30 eat breakfast and then lock ourselves in the office.  He's great at playing by himself for about 25-30 minute increments and then its time to go play with the wireless modem or try and grab binders off my desk.  :)  Little hands are busy!  When he gets restless, I'll let him free for a little bit, get him some milk and a snack and then its back to the office.  Sarah and Amanda Barnard, my "third" cousins?, come over and watch him.  Between the two of them, they are here three days a week.  Sarah started Monday and I cannot tell you how AMAZING it was to have Logan down for a nap, have her get him up, and just be able to work a long stretch with no interruption of dirty diapers or hunger.  I don't think Karla, Marci, or Gayle want me to get too used to this working from home business.  :)

I promise I am going to be much more diligent about updating my blog.  So, please check back often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.