Monday, April 4, 2011

For its Texas that we love best!

We had a great time this past weekend. Derek, Logan and I went to Austin for UT Football Letterman's Weekend and to spend time with the McCoys. It was awesome to finally get to spend time with Colt and Rachel. It has been a very long time since we have spent any substantial time with them and so this was the first time they really got a chance to see Logan in action! Derek had a golf tournament on Saturday morning, we had an amazing dinner at Moonshine Saturday night, and went to the Spring Game on Sunday afternoon.

I wanted to upload the video of Logan watching the band play Texas Fight along with other pictures, but my camera takes HD video and it was too large of a file to upload. In trying to edit the video file in iMovie, I ended up just making a slideshow of some pictures of Logan from the Spring Game. As you will see in the pictures, Logan was busy as always. He ended up on the OTHER side of the gate trying to get to Bevo. I thought he would not care about the cow, but before we could catch him, he was trying to go play with him. Derek and I had been joking before the game about how Logan would be hanging from one of Bevo's horns... much more possible than we realized. Lucky for Logan, Bevo is 1) a steer and 2) sedated so he has no desire to charge you nor the ability. We were also informed what we already knew, that Logan is in fact, one of the most active children many people have seen. No one understands until they see it in action. We ended up leaving before half time because the Energizer Bunny needed his batteries recharged and we had to drive home.

We had a GREAT time and are so thankful for such wonderful friends and our Longhorn family. It was so good to see ex-players and their growing families. Since we have been in Kansas City for two of the past three years, we have not been able to attend many games so we have not seen many people for a few years. Looking forward to going back next year with a 2-year-old Logan and a six-month-old baby!

Enjoy the video! To maintain decent picture quality, do not make it full screen. I will save the file again larger so the quality will be better. I just didn't want to take the time tonight to do that. :) Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.